Guided Nordic Adventures in Bretton Woods
Take a step toward a more adventurous winter with one of our Guided Winter Adventures. Our Director of Guided Programs, Steve Nichipor, can take you on a winter ascent of Mount Washington, backcountry skiing in Tuckerman Ravine or ice climbing on Frankenstein Cliff. The possibilities are endless and we have programs for everyone, from beginner to expert. Advanced reservations are required for these specialized trips in order to plan the best experience for you.
MEET STEVE NICHIPOR, DIRECTOR OF GUIDED PROGRAMS AND YOUR BACKCOUNTRY GUIDE
Steve Nichipor, Climbing and Guided Programs Director has been guiding backcountry skiing and climbing in the White Mountains for over 20 years. He has backcountry skied and studied avalanche safety all over North America. He has taught avalanche safety classes on Mt. Washington for over 10 years and has also taught in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Steamboat Springs, Colorado. He is a Certified Avalanche Course Leader by the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE). As an experience guide and backcountry adventurer, Steve is familiar with local trails and wonderful adventures near Bretton Woods, including ice climbing, backcountry alpine and Nordic skiing, hiking and mountaineering.
Guided Snowshoe Expedition
Explore a nearby mountain and experience the wonders of the winter forest. This is a great way to get some exercise, get off the beaten path, and discover the wonders of winter. We'll pick a nearby hike based on conditions and group ability. You'll learn about winter backcountry safety and equipment and enjoy stunning mountain scenery. These tours last all-day so participants should be in good physical condition and health.
Guided Snowshoe Expeditions are scheduled privately by advance reservation only. For more information or to reserve a session, please contact Steve Nichipor at 603.278.3335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private (one guest, one guide): $300 for normal day, $350 and up for longer adventures
- Semi-Private (2 guests, 1 guide): $185 per person
- Semi-Private (3 guests, 1 guide): $150 per person
- Snowshoe rentals are available; additional fees apply.
- Reservations 48-hours in advance are recommended for these programs, please call (603) 278-3335.
- Rental equipment is available thru the Bretton Woods Rental Shop.
- Maximum groups size is 6 people.
- A valid Bretton Woods trail pass or season pass is also required for most tours.