Bretton Woods Canopy Tour
Situated high on the slopes of Bretton Woods and descending over 1000 feet of elevation, the 3-hour tour takes nature-lovers and thrill-seekers across a series of tree-top zip lines through a network of platforms high in the ancient hemlocks.
This unique canopy tour features a dual-cable construction (you slide below two separate cables, instead of just one), coated cables (to make for a quiet, more natural flight through the trees) and platforms and bridges milled from locally-harvested wood sources, in keeping with our commitment to environmentally sustainable programs.
Once on the tour, our Adventure Guides describe the native flora and fauna, in addition to discussing the surrounding area, its natural history and White Mountain lore. Each pair of guides may accommodate up to eight participants.
Features of the Bretton Woods Canopy Tour
- 9 zip lines, ranging from 120 to 830 feet long
- 2 sky bridges
- 3 rappels
- 1 complimentary ride on the Williwaw Racing Zip at the end of the tour during normal operating hours
- 16 tree platforms, ranging from 10 to 70 feet high
- zip lines up to 165 feet off forest floor
- zip at speeds up to 30 mph
- 1000 foot descent
- 2 guides per group, up to 8 participants
Bretton Woods Canopy Tour Participant Requirements
- Every participant must sign a Waiver and Release Form. Guests under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver from their parent or legal guardian.
- The Canopy Tour is designed for participants of average mobility and strength and in reasonably good health.
- There are a number of short hikes along an unpaved path. Participants must be comfortable walking on uneven ground and down a moderate incline.
- Participants in the Canopy Tour must weigh between 90 and 250 pounds. The weight limit is for your safety and the safety of the guides and other participants.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old and 4’6” to participate in the Canopy tour.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult and must be able to participate independently of the adult.
- All schedules and activities are subject to change – please check the daily Bugle or at the Activities Concierge Desk at
- the Omni Mount Washington Hotel for the latest schedule.
- All outdoor programs are weather dependent and at the discretion of the Bretton Woods Adventure Center Staff. The Bretton Woods
- Adventure Center Staff reserves the right to turn anyone away for health and/or equipment concerns.
- Each participant must be physically fit enough to control their speed along the zip line by grasping the cable with a gloved hand.
- Each participant must be able to pull himself or herself along the zip line if they lose momentum before reaching the platform.
- Pregnant women, people with heart, leg, or back problems, or other serious illnesses will not be allowed to participate in the tour.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs will be allowed to participate in the tour.
For more information or to book your flights, please call (603) 278-4ZIP (4947).
RESERVE CANOPY TOUR