Bretton Woods Terrain Parks and Freestyle Terrain
Bretton Woods has three freestyle terrain parks to keep all skiers and riders entertained. The parks progress from small to large across the mountain, so that you can start small and work your way up to Coös Terrain Park for bigger jumps and freestyle features.
Please read all terrain park signs, follow the Responsibility Code, and respect all skiers and riders. If you are unfamiliar with the Smart Style terrain park user guidelines, please visit terrainparksafety.org to learn how you can be safe and create a positive experience for all park users.
As snow conditions change, so can the layout of the parks, so for the very latest park updates, please check the snow conditions and trail report or call (603) 278 -3320.
The Toy Box
"Start small" is the one of the lessons of Smart Style. If you have never slid across an artificial surface, or if you are looking to get comfortable on man-made features, start here and have fun in the Toy Box.
Located on the Rosebrook Meadow Trail in the Learning Center Area.
Sample Elements: Terrain Based Learning Features
The Midway Terrain Park is designed for all abilities. There are small to medium size jumps and a wide variety of sliding surfaces to choose from. Choose your line carefully and be sure to inspect all elements before launching them. Scope your landings and use a spotter when necessary. The Midway is open for night skiing and riding.
Located on Bretton's Wood, near the top of the B-Lift.
|3 Small Jumps||14' Box||12' Box|
|20' Flat Box||16' Flat Rail||18' Flat Uprail|
|16' Streetstyle Rail||20' Corrugated Pipe||Tractor Tire Bonk|
|Stairset with 16' Mailbox|
Coös Terrain Park
The Coös terrain park is designed for experienced skiers and riders. Features like table tops, step down jumps, step up jumps and snow boxes provide a fluid series of leaps and bounds. Be sure to read all signage at the entrance, scope the jumps before catching air, use a spotter to clear the landing zones, and be respectful of other skier or riders using the trail.
Located on the upper half of the Coös Caper Trail.
|9 Awesome Jumps||8' Box||16' Box|
|Down Rail||Coos Rail||40' Down-Flat-Down Box|
Terrain Park Safety & Responsibility Code
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.