Dog Sledding at Bretton Woods
Take in the spectacular winter scenery as you glide across our winter wonderland behind a powerful team of Alaskan Husky sled dogs. You'll experience nature as explorers have for hundreds of years. As they stretch out and attack the trail ahead of them, you'll enjoy the ride of a lifetime. It's amazing to watch these high-drive dogs do what they were bred to do. You'll be introduced to all aspects of modern dog sledding by your experienced mushers, including meeting the dog team, taking a ride with one or two of your friends or family members and maybe even driving the sled - just ask!
Please call Muddy Paws to reserve your dog sledding adventure at (603) 545-4533 for reservations and more information, these tours are limited and based on current conditions.
Dog Sledding AdventureOur dog sledding adventure starts with an introduction to our amazing canine athletes that lasts approximately 15 minutes. After a fun meet and greet and sled preparation, guests will then embark on a ride that explores beautiful trails and lasts approximately15 minutes. We always leave a few minutes at the end for guests to thank the sled dogs for a job well done. This is the perfect time to share any dog treats you might have brought as well (just don’t feed the mushers)!
Please note that the mushers will use whichever sled style the trail conditions permit. We use our wooden (traditional sleds) when there is consistent snow coverage on the trails. We use all season sleds (rolling sleds) during seasonal “thaws” and when there is inconsistent snow coverage on the trails.
Dog Sledding ScheduleDog sledding experiences are offered at Omni Mount Washington Resort from mid-December until the beginning of spring, as weather and conditions permit. During the winter season, experiences can be reserved Thursday - Sunday at 9:30 am, 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm. 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm. Experiences typically last 45-minutes with 15-minutes of on-trail sled time.
Where to GoResort shuttle service will be available for direct drop off and pick-up at the staging area. Depending on date of experience your experience will depart from Omni Mount Washington Hotel or Bretton Woods Ski Area. Please arrive at the location confirmed with your reservation 10 minutes prior to your scheduled adventure.
Omni Mount Washington Hotel (Friday & Saturday): Dog sledding adventures depart from the Main Driveway of Omni Mount Washington Hotel. (Parking is available in parking lot next to the gate house on the main driveway)
Bretton Woods Ski Area (Thursday & Sunday): Dog sledding adventures depart from Fabyan Fields, located near Bretton Woods Base Lodge. (Parking is available at the Bretton Woods Ski Area)
Dog Sledding Rates
- Public Guest $230 / sled
- Resort Guest $210 / sled
- Pricing is based on two (2) people per sled or a maximum of 340 lbs.
- $45 will be charged for every additional person
Reservations for Dog Sledding
Please call Muddy Paws to reserve your dog sledding adventure at (603) 545-4533 for reservations and more information, these tours are limited and based on current conditions. Season start and end dates are dependent upon the weather, so please call for the latest details.
Guest Safety Points
- Hang on (the number one rule of dog sledding is don’t let go)
- Please do not scream (it can scare and startle the dogs)
- Keep hands and feet inside the sled/cart at all times
- If sled/cart flips riders should roll away
- Stay away from snow hook (guests will be show what snow hook is)
- Guests may be asked to stand on break or redirect dogs while on the trail
- Guests will be warned about the possibility of dog altercations
- Guests will be taught what pinning a dog looks like and/or what may happen if problem behavior needs to be corrected
- Safety of the dogs is our first priority; we strictly enforce the weight limit of 340 pounds per sled, as well as a 3 person maximum per sled. This weight limit has taken into account the weight of the musher and gear.
- Winter attire is absolutely necessary.
- Driving the sled is at the discretion of the musher, for your safety and for that of the dogs.
- Minimum age for dog sled experience is 3 years old.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent in the sled for all dog sled rides.
- Winter attire is absolutely necessary.
- Guests who are pregnant of have experienced a recent injury or sugery may not participate in this activity.
- No intoxicated guests will be allowed to participate.
- Things to bring include a camera, warm clothes (of course), a love of dogs (even some dog cookies) and a sense of adventure!
- There is a 48-hour cancellation policy. Please arrive at the dog sledding staging area 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure, guests more than 10 minutes late forfeit their spot and will not be eligable for a refund.
- Dogsledding at Mount Washington Resort is provided by Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel.