Snowmobiling in Bretton Woods, NH
Enjoy a side of northern New Hampshire that not everyone gets to see – the trails and forests in winter! Mount Washington Resort is located right in the middle of some of the most popular snowmobiling locations in New Hampshire! Groomed trail networks begin, almost literally, right outside our doors! Snowmobile guided tours are offered through a local outfitter in Bretton Woods during the winter season, mid-December through April as conditions and weather permit. For more information about available tours please visit http://mtwashingtonsnowmobilerentals.com or call Northern Extremes Snowmobiling at (603) 374-6000. Tours are operated daily during the winter season and sell out quickly. Please make advanced reservations and arrive at Northern Extremes 45 minutes prior to your departure.
Northern Extremes Mt. Washington Snowmobile Rentals is located at the Bretton Woods Station, near Fabyan's Restaurant in Bretton, Woods. Complimentary resort shuttle service is available to this rental location for guests staying at Omni Mount Washington Resort. This location is a gateway to the Great North Woods, riders have over 1000 miles of trails to choose from and can ride as far north as the Canadian Border. We recommend guided tours for all first time renters.
1-Hour JauntsThis is a great introductory snowmobile excursion. Exciting enough that you will be craving a longer ride your next visit!
- Single Snowmobiles: $65 (Resort Guest $55)*
- Double Snowmobiles: $85 (Resort Guest $75)*
- *Saturdays, $10 more per sled
2- Hour CruiseThis tour will take you over Jefferson Notch through the Presidential Range. Jefferson Notch Road is the highest maintained road in the State of New Hampshire. Tour covers 25 to 50 miles.
- Single Snowmobiles: $95 (Resort Guest $85)*
- Double Snowmobiles $125 (Resort Guest $115)*
- *Saturdays, $10 more per sled
- Available at 9:45 am and 2:15 pm
Mt. Washington Half-Day TourThis ½ day tour will cover 50-80 miles around Mt. Washington. The tour will head up Jefferson Notch Road offering spectacular views of Omni Mount Washington Hotel and the Presidential Range. Tour will continue north to Jericho State Park where we will stop for Hot Chocolate and snacks. The tour features nice mountain pass climbs, long straight-aways and amazing views. Moose Sightings are possible on this jaunt.
- Single Snowmobiles: $165 (Resort Guest $145)*
- Double Snowmobiles $195 (Resort Guest $175)*
- *Saturdays, $20 more per sled
- Available Sunday - Friday at 10:30 am and Saturday at 10 am
Clothing Rentals AvailableNorthern Extremes Snowmobiling wants everyone to enjoy their snowmobile adventure. Getting cold or wet on your ride might ruin your day. We ask all participants to dress appropriate for winter conditions. For safety we will not allow anyone to ride a snowmobile in jeans or sneakers. Remember passengers will be colder than drivers. Sizes XS - XXXL are available.
Clothing Rental Pricing: Jacket $7 | Pants $7 | Boots $7 | Gloves $7 | Everything $25
- Hat and/or balaclava that will fit under helmet
- Long underwear (top and bottom) - wool or polypropylene best
- Insulated ski pants
- Insulated ski jacket or layered jacket system
- Insulated Winter Boots
- Warm wool or polypropylene socks
Wool scarf or neck warmer
Northern Extremes Rules, Regulations and Details
Guided tours include: snowmobile, full face helmet, gas and guide. Drivers are responsible for any damages to snowmobile while on tour. Each driver of a snowmobile must be at least 16 years of age with a valid drivers license or completed a NH Snowmobile Safety Class. Teenagers 16-20 can operate a single snowmobile if accompanied by legal guardian.
Guided Tour Advantages1. No worries about getting lost or returning late.
2. You are guaranteed to find the best snow and least crowded trails.
3. Our guides will take you where the locals ride and best snow conditions are on any given day.
4. We love to ride, it’s not a job but a adventure.
5. Usually our 3 hour tour covers more terrain than individuals who just rent a snowmobile for ½ day.
6. Don‘t worry, groups are kept small 5 sleds per guide so the trip moves right along. They are not putt, putt tours.
Snowmobile Rules1. All snowmobile drivers must be 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license to operate a snowmobile.
2. DWI on a snowmobile is illegal; penalties and fines apply to your driver's license.
3. Helmets are required for all operators and passengers.
4. Passengers must be at least 5 years of age or older.
5. Self guided rentals: requires individuals to be 21 years of age or older unless accompanied by a legal guardian.
6. Guided tour: individuals must be 16 years of age or older with a valid drivers license to operate a single sled.
7. Click here for the Official rules of NH.
8. Children 17&under must have a parent or guardian on the tour.
9. Drivers must be at least 18 years to have a minor as a passenger
Speed Limits1. Maximum trail speed 45MPH
2. Trail connectors 35MPH
3. Bridges, sidewalks, trail junctions and parking lots 10MPH
Trail Ethics1. Always operate at a reasonable and prudent speed within your ability.
2. Always drive on the right hand side of the trail and park to the right in single file off the edge of a groomed surface.
3. Stay on designated trails and respect landowner's property.
4. NEVER drink and drive!
Reservation & Cancellation Policy For Guided ToursGuided Tours: Book 5 snowmobiles and have a private guide.
1. Northern Extremes requires a $25 per person advance deposit to hold all snowmobile reservations.
2. This $25 deposit is fully refundable with a 48 hour cancellation notice.
3. If reservation is cancelled within 48 hours, you would forfeit the deposit amount.
4. In the event of adverse weather or snow conditions deposit will be refunded.
5. Adverse weather includes: no snow, temperatures below zero, rain and snowstorms.
6. We want everyone to enjoy their snowmobile adventure.
7. GUIDED TOURS: Individuals should ARRIVE 45 MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME!
8. There is a $50 per hour late fee. Sorry, getting lost is not a valid excuse.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)Guided Tour: Collision Damage Waiver Fee
- 1 Hour Tour $10
- 2 Hour Tour $20
- Half Day Tour $25
2. If a CDW is not purchased, a $750 debit/credit card authorization security deposit is required per snowmobile.
3. If individuals purchase the CDW it will limit the amount of damages to $750.
4. CDW LIMITS RENTERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO THE FIRST $750 worth of damages.
5. Collision Damage Waiver only covers damages to the sled they are operating, not for damages done to others.
6. When a Collision Damage Waiver is purchased than no credit card authorization is required.