New England Disabled Sports at Bretton Woods and the Omni Mount Washington Resort will host Veterans Appreciation Day on Saturday, January 28, 2017.
Veterans’ Appreciation Day is open to all Veterans who would like a day on the slopes. All veterans are eligible to receive a complimentary lift ticket on 1/28/17. Disabled veterans have an opportunity to take an adaptive lesson when coordinated with New England Disabled Sports. Disabled Veterans will receive a complimentary lift ticket and lesson through NEDS with advance reservation. Advanced reservations are required for adaptive lessons.
Some of our instructors are Veterans themselves who have many years of working with others who like themselves were injured while serving their country. They are proud to be a part of this great day honoring Veterans. These instructors are skilled in teaching adaptive sports regardless of abilities or injuries.
Veterans are welcome to come enjoy Nordic or Alpine skiing and snowboarding at the Bretton Woods Nordic or Alpine Ski Areas. Please have a valid Military ID to present at the ticket window.
Space is limited so reservations must be made no later than January 28th for individuals and by the 23rd for groups. For additional information and questions please contact New England Disabled Sports at Bretton Woods at 603.278.3398.
Schedule for NEDS Lessons:
- 8:00am-9:00am: Adaptive Lessons Registration, New England Disabled Sports at Bretton Woods Office, Bretton Woods Base Lodge
- 9:30am: Lesson Begins, On Mountain, Bretton Woods
- 1:00pm: Lesson Begins, On Mountain, Bretton Woods
Mobile Vet Center
- Lift Tickets, Rentals and Lessons are Complimentary to Disabled Veterans when coordinated through NEDS.
- Lift Tickets are complimentary to ALL Veterans. (Rentals and lessons are available at regular rates)
- Veterans are welcome to come enjoy Nordic or Alpine skiing and snowboarding at the Bretton Woods Nordic or Alpine Ski Areas. Please have a valid Military ID to present at the ticket window (Family members of the Veteran are eligible for Military discount on tickets w/ a valid military ID)
The Mobile Vet Center program travels throughout NH and VT to reach underserved veterans. Services through the mobile unit are open to all North Country veterans. The motor coach, operated by V. A. Readjustment Counseling Service, carries Vet Center counselors and outreach workers to provide high quality non-medical readjustment counseling to address the social and economic dimensions of postwar issues. This also includes counseling for traumatic, military-related experiences and family counseling in an accessible, welcoming, trusting atmosphere. The Vet Center Van provides free service to all veterans and is also open to the public for tours. Ski Museum, 1st Floor Bretton Woods Base Lodge
Presentation of Colors Flag Ceremony with the Whitefield VFW Post #10675
- 12:00 noon: Join us at the base of the Learning Center for a presentation of the colors done by the VFW. Patio, Bretton Woods Ski Area