Alpine Racing - Ted Gilbert Saloon Series | Check out our Ski & Snowboard School
2014 Ted Gilbert Saloon Series
sponsored by Budweiser and Bud Light
2014 Series dates: Monday afternoons, 1-3 pm: January 20 & 27; February 3, 10, 17 & 24; March 3 & 10
The Ted Gilbert Saloon Series is a weekly race league for adults 21 and up. Races are held from 1-3pm on Monday afternoons. Each team will be comprised of five members. All five members are eligible to race and earn points weekly. Female racers and snowboarders will not be scored separately.
Teams do not need alternates. Substitutes are permitted, as necessary, at a cost of $10 each per race. If a team member is unable to attend a race, he/she may be replaced for that race with a substitute of the team's choosing, or from the Sub Pool. A substitute may be any skier/rider on any given day. An individual may substitute for different teams on different weeks. The team captain must notify the race committee that there will be a substitute needed, and whom the substitute is replacing. The substitute must identify him/herself when checking in prior to the race.
Cost: $300 per team of 5 racers - registration form due by January 6, 2014
- All team members and substitute must be at least 21 years old as of the race date and have submitted signed release forms.
- Team members must check in and register for each race. Registration begins at 12:30 in the Slopeside Pub. (Racers cannot register at the start house).
- Races will be held on the Recreation Race Arena. Race formats may include, but are not limited to, Giant Slalom, Dual GS and Technical Slalom.
- Snowboarders, telemark skiers, and snowbladers will not be handicapped.
- Prizes will be given for each race, with prizes for the top three teams at the end of the season. Prizes will be announced at a later date.
- For more information contact Rik Dow at 603-278-3354.