Racing at Bretton Woods
Bretton Woods maintains several race courses, junior teams and leagues for skiers and riders who love ski racing. In 2015/16 Bretton Woods will also be home to the Competition Center for aspiring junior racers. The NASTAR course can be accessed on the Bretton's Woods Trail, please review schedule and available passes before heading to the gate! Want to join one of our alpine racing leagues? Learn more about our Saloon and Fireball race series and join us for a season of racing fun. For additional information regarding any of our race programs or offerings please call Guest Services at Bretton Woods at (603) 278-3320.
Fireball Race Series
The Fireball series has come to a close for the 2014/15 Season. See you next year!
The Fireball Race Series, sponsored by Sam Adams, is an 8-week race league for adults 21 and up. Races are held from 5:30 - 7:30 pm on Friday nights. Each team will be comprised of five members. All five members are eligible to race and earn points weekly. Female racers and snowboarders will not be scored separately.
Teams do not need alternates. Substitutes are permitted, as necessary, at a cost of $10 each per race. If a team member is unable to attend a race, he/she may be replaced for that race with a substitute of the team's choosing, or from the Sub Pool. A substitute may be any skier/rider on any given day. An individual may substitute for different teams on different weeks. The team captain must notify the race committee that there will be a substitute needed, and whom the substitute is replacing. The substitute must identify him/herself when checking in prior to the race.
$300 per team of 5 racers - registration form due by January 9, 2014DOWNLOAD 2014/15 TEAM REGISTRATION FORM
2015 Fireball Series Schedule
January 9th, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
January 16th, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
January 23rd, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
January 30th, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
February 6th, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
February 13th, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
February 27th, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
March 6th, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
- All team members and substitute must be at least 21 years old as of the race date and have submitted signed release forms.
- Team members must check in and register for each race.
- Registration begins at 5 pm in the Slopeside Pub (Racers cannot register at the start house.)
- Races will be held on the Recreation Race Arena.
- Race formats may include, but are not limited to, Giant Slalom, Dual GS and Technical Slalom.
- Snowboarders, telemarkers, and snowbladers will not be handicapped.
- All outdoor programs are weateher dependent and subject to change, please call Guest Services at Bretton Woods at (603) 278-3320 for the latest schedule.
- For more information contact Rik Dow at (603) 278-3354.