Beating Breast Cancer from the Bottom Up!
Breast cancer affects hundreds of thousands of women in the United States annually. October may have already passed, but it is never too late to raise awareness for a disease afflicting so many! Once again, we have teamed up with the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center to raise as much money possible. What started with a single weekend has now turned into a season long effort. This season we will aim to beat last year’s amount raised: $3,000.00. Keeping in mind that the funds raised will be matched by The Prouty in 2018, together we can “lock in” a brighter future for Breast Cancer patients and their families.
Donations can be made at any point of sale at the Omni Mount Washington Resort throughout the 2017/18 Ski Season and through special events and raffles held throughout the ski season.
Season Long Fundraisers
- Tie One On For Breast Cancer
All season long we will be offering special pink ribbons at the Slopeside Restaurant for $1.00. Donors can write a special message on the ribbon and “tie one on” to our giant Think PINK! ribbon on the Food Court Level of the Base Lodge. Just say “I’d like to Tie One On for Breast Cancer”!
Want to do more for the cause and make your permanent mark on the battle against Breast Cancer? Now you can lock in your donation for $20.00. You will receive a lock which can be permanently affixed to our giant Think Pink! ribbon on the Food Court Level of the Base Lodge. Locks may be purchased at the Guest Services Desk in the Base Lodge.
BREAST CANCER AWARENESS FAQ
What is this event all about?
What are we doing to raise funds?
- Two years ago, we painted Tower 11 on the West Side Quad pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. Last year we made our Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising a season-long event and we will once again make it a season-long event this year.
Where is the money going to go?
- We are accepting donations at every Point of Sale (POS) at the resort throughout the 2017-2018 ski season.
- “Think Pink” Items will be sold at various events throughout the season.
What will they use the money for?
- The money raised is to go to the Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center, a local group based out of Lebanon, NH and centered around the Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
- Started in 1982, the friends of Norris Cotton have contributed more than $27 Million dollars to cancer research.
- The Norris Cancer Center will have all donated funds doubled by entering them into The Prouty.
- The donated funds go to funding world class research, state of the art equipment, critical education programs, and clinical trials which help cancer patients all over the world.