Beating Breast Cancer from the Bottom Up!
Join us all season long at the Bretton Woods Ski Area to monitor our progress towards a new goal of $5,000. We are going to paint the base lodge pink with how many ribbons we will sell and we are starting from the bottom. Keeping in mind that these fund raised will be matched by The Prouty in 2017, help us beat breast cancer from the bottom up!
Donations can be made at any point of sale at the Omni Mount Washington Resort throughout the 2016/17 Ski Season. Special events and raffles are to be held throughout the ski season.
Season Long Fundraisers
- Tie One On For Breast Cancer
All season long we will be offering special pink ribbons at the Slopeside Restaurant for $1.00. Donors can write a special message on the ribbon and “tie one on” to our giant Think PINK! ribbon on the Slopeside Level of the Base Lodge. Just say “I’d like to Tie One On for Breast Cancer”!
“Beating Breast Cancer from the Bottom Up” takes on a new meaning with our Climb for Cancer special. When purchasing 10 minutes on the Slopeside Climbing Wall, you can get an additional 5 minutes for just $3.00! That $3.00 will go to the Norris Cotton Cancer Center. You must purchase 10 minutes on the Slopeside Climbing wall to take advantage of this offer.
Purchase a pink ribbon at Guest Services, Nash's General Store, Ticket Windows, Treetop Sports, The Nordic Center, or even Rentals to benefit the Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
BREAST CANCER AWARENESS FAQ
What is this event all about?
What are we doing to raise funds?
- Last year, the 11th ski lift tower on the West Side Quad was painted pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. We have chosen MLK or Winter Carnival Weekend as an opportunity for fundraising and spreading breast cancer awareness.
Where is the money going to go?
- We are accepting donations at every Point of Sale (POS) at the Ski Area and Nordic Center throughout the weekend (Jan. 13th through the 16th )
- “Think Pink” Items will be sold at Saturday and Sunday’s Adult Après Party.
What will they use the money for?
- The money raised is to go to the Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center, a local group based out of Lebanon, NH and centered around the Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
- Started in 1982, the friends of Norris Cotton have contributed more than $27 Million dollars to cancer research.
How can I participate?
- The donated funds go to funding world class research, state of the art equipment, critical education programs, and clinical trials which help cancer patients all over the world.
- There will be a dedication ceremony at the pink pole at noon on Saturday with guest speaker Jim Bonney, a chairperson for the friends of Norris Cotton.
- You can make a donation at any POS or purchase a think pink item on Saturday’s Adult Après.